Apply to our call for artists: 20 art posters for the 70th anniversary of Cesare Pavese’s death.
On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Italian writer’s death (1950-2020), Fondazione Cesare Pavese, in collaboration with Camo Open Air Museum, organizes an international art project with a call for artists who are interested in the key themes of the great writer’s poetic and artistic journey.
Cesare Pavese – as a translator, poet, narrator and publisher – was one of the most important and influential Italian and international intellectuals of the 20th century. His message is extremely modern and his voice comes clear to the different generations of readers who approach his works in their personal growth and education.
Pavese is usually discovered in the teenage, when one’s existential path is still uncertain, and in the archeological introspections of the writer each reader identifies his own pace, in the search for a rule, a tradition, a “country” that makes you say “here’s what I had been before I was born”. A quest shared by all human beings, in every moment of their life; a research implying a desire of identity, the need of it, a longing for life.
To live is to begin: the call
70 years after the death of Cesare Pavese, the Foundation wants to foster an artistic interpretation of these themes starting from one of the writer’s most beautiful and important sentences, taken from Hard Labour: “The only joy in the world is to begin. To live is beautiful because to live is to begin, always, at any given time”.
The artist are invited to submit an unreleased project realising an artwork dedicated to Cesare Pavese and exploring the theme “To live is to begin“.
Fondazione Cesare Pavese will select 20 works among those submitted for an exhibition in the desecrated Church of the Saints James and Christopher (auditorium of the Foundation), on the occasion of the celebrations for the 70th anniversary of Pavese’s death.
- No entry fees required to participate;
- No age or origin limits for the artists;
- Any technique is accepted for the realization of the work;
- Applicants must send only one artwork (size 70×100 cm), in pdf print format (print costs will be covered by Fondazione Cesare Pavese);
- The pdf must be sent to email@example.com by 1 July 2020;
- The subject of the email must be “Call for artists – To live is to begin”
The application email must include the following attachments:
- Copy of valid ID card or passport;
- Project description (in English), detailing production process, modalities, realization phases and timing;
- Link to artist portfolio;
- Authorization to use the artwork (filled in, dated and signed by the artist): download the declaration
Incomplete applications will not access the selection process. The final decision of the Commission is unquestionable.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org